模拟城市中文网

找回密码
 入住
搜索
查看: 4949|回复: 5

[新闻] 很酷的城市:住宅机器人(COOL LOOKING CITY: RESIDENTIAL ROBOT)

关闭 [复制链接]
头像被屏蔽
发表于 2012-8-1 23:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/Cool-Looking-City-Residential-Robot
COOL LOOKING CITY: RESIDENTIAL ROBOT

Stop right there -- this is the city you’re looking for. Well, if you’re searching for the best representation of just how clever you can get with SimCity’s newly-added curvy road tool, that is! Audio Engineer Dave Driggers used this feature to prove that creating cities with windy roads opens up the opportunity to take your creativity to far, far away places, as evidenced by his city inspired by everyone’s favorite little companion ’bot. When Dave isn’t manipulating roads to resemble famous robots, he works on integrating the sound systems into the game as well as implementing audio-related gameplay features.
Dave’s fully functional design is just one of the many cool looking cities that the architectural artists here at Maxis have been whipping up recently thanks to weekly contests hosted by the design team. These weekly challenges encourage the team to play the game and have fun with it. Yes, folks – we do sometimes get paid to play games. We’ll be revealing more information about these contests in future blog entries, but for now, let’s learn a little more about how Dave assembled his robot-themed town.
Community Manager Michael Donahoe: What was the inspiration for building this city?

Audio Engineer Dave Driggers: I’ve always been a fan of sci-fi movies. And I’ve had this little toy robot forever, which inspired it. But it came about because one of our designers, Chris Schmidt, held a contest asking everyone in the studio to create something cool, and that’s how I ended up submitting this.
But I actually wasn’t planning to make it. I was just playing with the road tool and I was like, “I wonder if this would look cool here.” And then after a few hours I got sucked into the design and was having fun with it. It’s really easy to get distracted by just playing the game. Then I realized, “Oh, wait – I have real work to do!” [laughs]

MD: Did you have any trouble making this a fully functional city?
DD: No. There was plenty of space to put what I needed. And nothing about the shape or design of the city conflicted with functionality in any way.

MD: So are you saying that if we can find some open land somewhere, we could build a real-life representation of this city right now?
DD: Could? Yes. Should? Hell yes.

MD: We need to talk to some architects!
DD: I have a friend that’s an architect. We just need to come up with a lot of money.

MD: A lot of money. And a lot of space… We’re screwed.
DD: I’d settle for a robot house.

MD: Me too! So I noticed that you strategically placed a factory to represent the robot’s eye. Tell us about that.
DD: Definitely. So I saw that model of our oil refinery looked a lot like the panel that sits next to the robot’s eye, so it worked out really well.

MD: What’s next for you?
DD: Good question! The tools continue to progress, so I’m always looking forward to creating new things.

[ 本帖最后由 kpsia118 于 2012-8-1 23:37 编辑 ]
头像被屏蔽
 楼主| 发表于 2012-8-1 23:27 | 显示全部楼层
以免错翻,还是原文照搬。请英文好的翻译一下。那个标题,我是用google翻译的。或许有点不对路,但看个大概吧。哦,我搞明白了,所谓的“住宅机器人”指的是那个住宅区像STARWAR里的“R2-D2”。

[ 本帖最后由 kpsia118 于 2012-8-1 23:34 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-8-5 15:05 | 显示全部楼层
Stop right there -- this is the city you’re looking for. Well, if you’re searching for the best representation of just how clever you can get with SimCity’s newly-added curvy road tool, that is! Audio Engineer Dave Driggers used this feature to prove that creating cities with windy roads opens up the opportunity to take your creativity to far, far away places, as evidenced by his city inspired by everyone’s favorite little companion ’bot. When Dave isn’t manipulating roads to resemble famous robots, he works on integrating the sound systems into the game as well as implementing audio-related gameplay features.

停下——这就是你想要的城市。如果你想利用模拟城市最新的弯曲道路工具来最好的展现你的才华,这就是了!音效工程师Dave Driggers用了这一新特性来证明用弯曲的道路来创建城市给予你机会打开你的想象力,带你去很远很远的地方,比如Dave的城市,基于人们的好伙伴(= =) ——机器人带给他的灵感。当Dave没在建设机器人城市的时候,他在忙于将声音系统集成到游戏中。

Dave’s fully functional design is just one of the many cool looking cities that the architectural artists here at Maxis have been whipping up recently thanks to weekly contests hosted by the design team. These weekly challenges encourage the team to play the game and have fun with it. Yes, folks – we do sometimes get paid to play games. We’ll be revealing more information about these contests in future blog entries, but for now, let’s learn a little more about how Dave assembled his robot-themed town.

受惠于设计团队举办的每周竞赛,M社的建筑艺术师们正在积累许多外观牛X城市的,Dave的城市只是其中的一瞥。每周竞赛鼓励整个团队来玩这个游戏并且从中得到欢乐。是的伙计们,我们有时候确实是拿着工资玩游戏的。我们将会揭开更多的有关竞赛的信息。但是现在,让我们了解下Dave是如何建造他的机器人风格城市的.
Community Manager Michael Donahoe: What was the inspiration for building this city?
社区管理员Mike:你的灵感是什么?

Audio Engineer Dave Driggers: I’ve always been a fan of sci-fi movies. And I’ve had this little toy robot forever, which inspired it. But it came about because one of our designers, Chris Schmidt, held a contest asking everyone in the studio to create something cool, and that’s how I ended up submitting this.
音效工程师Dave:我一直都是个科幻电影迷,并且从小到大我都留着这个玩具机器人,它便是我的灵感。但是如果设计师Chris没有举办这个竞赛来鼓励工作室的人们来建造有趣的东西,我也不会建造这个城市了。这就是我怎么提交这个作品的。

But I actually wasn’t planning to make it. I was just playing with the road tool and I was like, “I wonder if this would look cool here.” And then after a few hours I got sucked into the design and was having fun with it. It’s really easy to get distracted by just playing the game. Then I realized, “Oh, wait – I have real work to do!” [laughs]
但是其实我本没有计划去建造它。我只是在玩弄道路工具,然后我突然想:也许这个想法会很酷!接下来的几个小时我都在设计这城市并且感到很有趣。玩游戏很上瘾也很容易分散精力,过了一会我才意识到:等等,我还有工作要做(笑)。

MD: Did you have any trouble making this a fully functional city?
Mike:这过程中有困难吗?

DD: No. There was plenty of space to put what I needed. And nothing about the shape or design of the city conflicted with functionality in any way.
Dave:没,地方很大我可以随意放置我想放的东西,城市的形状与城市的功能完全不会冲突。

MD: So are you saying that if we can find some open land somewhere, we could build a real-life representation of this city right now?
Mike:所以说,如果我们能在地球上找到一块空地,我们可以立马建造一个真实的像这样的城市?

DD: Could? Yes. Should? Hell yes.
Dave:可以?当然可以!应该吗?绝对他妈的应该!

MD: We need to talk to some architects!
Mike:我们应该找些建筑师谈谈!
DD: I have a friend that’s an architect. We just need to come up with a lot of money.
Dave:我有个建筑师朋友,但是我们需要有很多钱。

MD: A lot of money. And a lot of space… We’re screwed.
Mike:很多钱,很多空间......我们没戏了

DD: I’d settle for a robot house.
Dave:不过如果有个机器人房子我就很满意了

MD: Me too! So I noticed that you strategically placed a factory to represent the robot’s eye. Tell us about that.
Mike:我也是!我发现你特意的将工厂放置在了机器人眼睛的部位,谈谈这个吧

DD: Definitely. So I saw that model of our oil refinery looked a lot like the panel that sits next to the robot’s eye, so it worked out really well.
Dave:当然。我看到我们的炼油厂模型看起来很像机器人眼睛旁边的板,所以我就那么做了,看起来效果不错。

MD: What’s next for you?
Mike:下一步什么打算?

DD: Good question! The tools continue to progress, so I’m always looking forward to creating new things.
Dave:好问题!工具正在不断更新与进步,我期待创建一些新东西!

==================================================================================

在美国呆久了,快不会翻译了。毕竟两种语言本质上差距太大。

很久没来过Simcity.cn了,最近听说M社终于要出模拟城市了,很是激动,上来看看,顺便做点贡献。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-8-8 19:22 | 显示全部楼层
这……………………这是R2D2啊!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-8-12 01:52 | 显示全部楼层
这样的建设水平真的令人堪忧

果然SC5会成为现在这个样子   连重要开发者对这游戏的建设方向都成这样了

要是有新手开发这样的城市不被大神们喷才怪。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-8-12 13:44 | 显示全部楼层
这是城市?这就是个我国很常见的小村子吧,只要把道路换成土路,住宅再稍微弄破点即可。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 入住

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|模拟城市中文网

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 15:19 , Processed in 0.022932 second(s), 16 queries .