模拟城市中文网

找回密码
 入住
搜索
查看: 2322|回复: 5

[攻略心得] Method to solve the slow problem

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-29 05:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
For my computer, if the population is over 3 millions, the game will become very low. Some posts said that i t causes by low-end CPU or GPU. They may be true, as the game really needs high degree of calculation. However, if the game becomes slow after a period of time and your city has huge population, the problem maybe lack of RAM. Please be reminded that, for a computer over 4GB of RAM also will have this problem.
The reason is that this game is a 32-bit program. It can only use maximum 4GBof memory. In addition, the game cannot automatically clean the RAM. It is easy to prove. When you are playing the game and feel it becomes slow. Then, please see the memory usage. In my experiment, the usage will always be nearly 100%.

Maybe, after reading the above, most of you will say that there is no solution for such program limitations!! NO!! I find one.
((PS: The requirement is you have over 4GB RAM.))

In the past, we all used 32-bit program including Windows with only few RAM (comparing to now). If the programs needed lots of memory, how did they run? So, programmers designed Virtual Memory (VM). They use HDD to replace RAM to save the data. In fact, when you are playing the game, it sometime uses VM. VM can really provide high capacity but not speed. Then, how about moving VM to relatively fast memory such as RAM?

We just need to create RAMDISK and move VM into it. Then, the 32-bit game can use over 4GB of RAM. My city revives!! I can play it with normal speed for a long time!!

PS: You all can type Chinese, I will understand.

[ 本帖最后由 au1990 于 2012-8-29 10:34 编辑 ]
发表于 2012-8-29 09:39 | 显示全部楼层

This can go try

It is a good way, I think it should be feasible.

PS: Google translation
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-29 10:17 | 显示全部楼层
You really can type Chinese as I am Chinese.
But I don't know why I cannot type Chinese in this forum....

For those who is using 64-bit windows also can use this way in order to maximize the performance. In fact, I am one of them.

[ 本帖最后由 au1990 于 2012-8-29 20:51 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-8-29 10:25 | 显示全部楼层

好吧 ,杯具了,我还以为你是外国人@!

原帖由 au1990 于 2012-8-29 10:17 发表
You really can type Chinese as I am Chinese.
But I don't know why I cannot type Chinese in this forum....

For those who is using 64-bit windows also can use this way in order to increase the maximize ...

我就是64位WIN7系统的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-8-29 11:13 | 显示全部楼层
方法看上去不错,可惜我内存刚刚好4G  快换电脑了  到时试试~~Mark下
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-8-29 11:15 | 显示全部楼层
我只能说。。。。。。无语了

我4G内存亚历山大啊。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 入住

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|模拟城市中文网

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 02:57 , Processed in 0.020803 second(s), 17 queries .