模拟城市中文网

找回密码
 入住
搜索
查看: 6659|回复: 12

[新闻] 官网博客:SC如何靠道路成功

关闭 [复制链接]
发表于 2012-11-28 20:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Hey everyone! My name is Chris Schmidt and I am a Tuning Designer here at Maxis. I work closely with the Scripting and QA teams to refine and improve SimCity by tweaking the gameplay and smoothing out the rough edges as we implement new systems. Additionally, I adjust the game balance in response to feedback, observation, and telemetry to try and maintain a good pace and feel to the experience as it comes to life.
Today I am here to talk about roads, zones, and density. In the past, SimCitySimCity, we have ditched the grid in favor of our new agent-based system powered by the GlassBox Engine that allows us to take a more “ground up,” road-centric approach.
To better get acquainted with how this works, let me first explain how roads affect density. With the new road-centric approach, players can get the same functionality they used to get by zoning by density, but instead of using different zone densities, we limit density by road type. Zones and player-placed buildings can only be created on this existing infrastructure, since our new agent system uses the roads to bring power, water, sewage, and the agents themselves to and from your buildings.
As for the roads themselves, we have two size categories of road, each of which has their own upgrade path. We have the small roads (which can start out as dirt roads and move on up through four-lane roads with traffic lights), and we have the large roads (which start out with boulevards and can be upgraded up to avenues with streetcar tracks like you’d see in real cities like San Francisco). The dirt roads and two-lane roads are limited to the lowest density buildings, and each upgrade thereafter gets you to the next density type, whereas the large roads start out able to support up to mid density buildings, and can be upgraded to support the large high density buildings in one step.
In addition to allowing higher density buildings to be built, upgrading your roads will also improve your intersections, as higher tier roads will create stoplight intersections, and lower tier roads will generally have stop signs to regulate traffic. Upgrading your infrastructure can be expensive, but it’s important to keep your traffic flowing so your services can get where they’re needed.
Since we no longer have a grid to work from, it was important to us to make sure that traditional SimCity player still had the tools they needed to make the most efficient use of their space, whether it be using a grid or taking advantage of the new curvy road tool to work around some of the more challenging terrain features. As a result we have a new road guide that appears once you have placed your first road to show you the optimal distance from an existing road for you to build without wasting any of the space between. The road guides make it easy to build out a grid or to draw parallel curves, and its distance is calculated based on the depth away from the road that the buildings can grow. Since larger buildings have larger depths, and the roads themselves are two different sizes the large road tool and the small road tool operate at different scales. But to make the grids work out as nicely as possible, we have made it so that four small roads made with the guides will line up nicely with three large roads. This means that your main street might have a little extra space behind it at first, but don’t worry, like those sweaters you’d get as a kid, your city will grow into it.
I hope this gives you a better sense of how much control you have over roads and density inSimCity. We’re working hard to make this system as friendly and intuitive as possible to both new players and city-building veterans. From making an optimized grid, concentric circles, toeven guitar cities and M. C. Escher-esque configurations, we’ve had a blast coming up with new ways to lay out our cities, and I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with.

简单来说
1 道路限制分区密度,如你在小路上就只能建低密度,在大道上就能建高密度
2 你可以轻易建造可以填满分区无空隙的街区(跟CXL形成鲜明对比啊)
3 路两旁的建筑会留点空间给你升级道路
4 道路有很多种类型,但占地面积只有大和小两种
5 道路在游戏中会拿来传输水,污水,最最最最最最可怕的是——————————————————————拿来传输电力!!!也就是说,可能没有电线(抄CXL)

[ 本帖最后由 jjbsy 于 2012-12-2 20:35 编辑 ]
发表于 2012-11-30 18:29 | 显示全部楼层
第三点很不错
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-11-30 20:04 | 显示全部楼层
第一点让曼哈顿道路哭了一地
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-1 17:25 | 显示全部楼层
或许是很有意思的设定
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-2 17:07 | 显示全部楼层
两点担心:1) 道路等级化并以限制密度和路口设施来鼓励道路升级,会否使区域风格过于单一? 可预见的像楼上提到的无法构建小型路为主的高密度区域,两车道路必须升级才能改进的路口设施,似乎与打造为沙箱游戏的主旨有矛盾. 2) 相同密度的建筑都有类似的深度,高密度就一定深度高,会不会减少了自长建筑的选择? SC4尚可以规划深度较大的低密度楼房或深度较小的高密度楼房,而从情报提到的"道路向导"及公开的图像来看似乎新作类似的建筑存疑. 总之希望新SC不要为了所谓的深度模拟而过多牺牲分区的自由度.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-12-2 20:39 | 显示全部楼层
连sc的特色电线也没了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-5 17:08 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 jjbsy 于 2012-12-2 20:39 发表
连sc的特色电线也没了

我日哦,现在郊区都在高压线入地了,你还。。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-12-5 20:03 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 xiaoqiaoguohe 于 2012-12-5 17:08 发表

我日哦,现在郊区都在高压线入地了,你还。。。。。

问题是你看哪个城市是木有电线的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-6 11:52 | 显示全部楼层
之前不是看到电线杆了么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-7 10:42 | 显示全部楼层
呵,进来看到第二张图很漂亮哈。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-12-9 10:33 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 神圣少校 于 2012-12-6 11:52 发表
之前不是看到电线杆了么?
那是之前的E3预告片,现在Maxis变卦了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-23 02:10 | 显示全部楼层
连地下管网都不用设置了吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-12-24 19:04 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 sakuragundams 于 2012-12-23 02:10 发表
连地下管网都不用设置了吗?
是滴
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 入住

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|模拟城市中文网

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 08:28 , Processed in 0.022502 second(s), 16 queries .