查看: 2838|回复: 7

[讨论] Simcity 会支持MOD

关闭 [复制链接]
头像被屏蔽
发表于 2013-1-22 15:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
这是3月7日2012年的消息:
SimCity designed to support mods

by Andrew Yoon, Mar 07, 2012 12:30pm PST

Related Topics – SimCity 5, Electronic Arts, PC, Mac, GDC 2012, SimCity Series, Maxis

The new SimCity, due for 2013 on PC and Mac, is powered by a new proprietary engine called GlassBox. It is described as "a new data-driven simulation engine" that is Maxis' "bet for the future." At a panel during Game Developers Conference, the studio detailed how GlassBox will power the upcoming SimCity "reboot" and promised that the modding community will be able to get their hands on their powerful new tools.

"We're huge fans of our modding community," creative director Ocean Quigley told the audience. "We've designed all this stuff to be moddable."

"We know modding is hugely important to our community," Quigley noted. "We know the reason why people are still playing SimCity 4 ten years later is because the modding community has kept it alive. GlassBox is built to be moddable, but beyond that we haven't announced anything"

While coming short of announcing full mod support for SimCity, Maxis did add that "we're using the same package format The Sims and SimCity 4 used," showing Maxis' desire to make it easy for Sim fans to transition to GlassBox tools.

内容是Simcity会支持MOD !!

还有一则关于Cities XL的消息:

Guys,

I've been wanting to share this information for some time, and am very happy to be allowed to now.

You may have have seen the rumours about Cities XL Platinum.

Focus are doing three new things with Cities XL:

1 They are issuing a small DLC of 50 new buildings called Cities XL Platinum.

These are mainly houses. A few of us have been testing this and I can report that there are some cool new buildings in there, and that the problems we found during testing got fixed

People who own CXL already (don't know which versions, but 2012 for sure) will be able to buy just the DLC
People who don't yet own CXL will have the option to buy the full game including the DLC

One thing to be completely clear on, this is a content pack of 50 buildings. It's not going to change the game, but I am expecting it to be priced accordingly. Long standing technical complaints are not addressed, so please don't buy this expecting miracles. It's just some houses and other buildings (but I like them, especially the few eco-houses and other "character" buildings that were included).

2        CXL 2012 Fix.

Some of you may remember that when CXL 2012 was issued, there were some bugs. Over the course of the year, Soltan Gris produced a mod that fixed many of these. Focus are now looking at distributing Soltan's mod as a patch (with his permission) so that all can benefit from this

This is not yet certain to happen - if / when we know more, either Focus or I will post something to let you know.

3        Wider 3DS max compatibility.

When CXL 2012 was released, Focus also released some modding tools and documentation. There was a problem with the main tool, as it was only compatible with one version of 3DS max.

Focus have been working with some of the community (led by Altiris, who did amazing work) to make this compatible with more recent versions of 3DS max.

I understand that this will be compatible with 3DS max 2012 (32 and 64 bit), and that intervening versions are being worked on. I don't believe that this is being developed to work with tools other than 3DS max, so please don't get your hopes up on that count.

Explanatory Note

Please understand all those who took part are still bound to some extent by the non disclosure agreements they made, so not all questions can be answered. We're also not allowed to release screenshots or anything like that. (Got to leave something for Focus' marketing department to do!  )

That's about it for now. I won't pretend that it's everything we all ever wanted, but there's free stuff for modders, wider distribution of a community fix and a DLC that you can buy if you are that way inclined, so I'd say that it's pretty good news.

Obviously, I'm not employed by Focus so I don't speak for them officially or anything like that. They're not bound by anything I say and any of this could be subject to change. Where I can, I will be happy to answer questions.

Tom.

内容是,会有一个小小DLC叫“Cities XL Platinum"!!!!
有50个新建筑,CXL 2012 bug修复,支持3DS max 2012。。。
发表于 2013-1-22 16:01 | 显示全部楼层
竞争果然是最好的动力来源啊!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-22 16:28 | 显示全部楼层
官方从一开始就说很重视mod社区、一直有考虑三方插件云云,现在玩家讨论的只是官方会否兑现各种美好的承诺。实时在线会是最大阻碍,基本很难达到SC4的开放度。mod也许只能作为DLC发布,无可避免成为官方的圈钱工具..
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-22 16:40 | 显示全部楼层
如果花钱买了正版SC5,而后续的DLC不是免费的……那么…………
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-22 16:54 | 显示全部楼层
后续的DLC八成都是要花钱的,像ANNO2070的DLC不就这样喽,自己喜欢就买就完了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-22 17:00 | 显示全部楼层

回复 4# 的帖子

想像SC4那样完全免费基本没戏,SC4这么庞大的插件数量,你说官方想不打插件市场的主意都难,尤其要对3方插件提供持续的技术支持适应在线环境,例如进入邻城前暂时下载缺失插件,很难想象EA会长期免费提供相关服务。总之实时在线肯定是支持mod的最大障碍,而不是官方说的所谓3D插件难度不比SC4之类。当然这个障碍是对玩家而言,有了实时在线官方收费什么的自然都方便多了。

[ 本帖最后由 rauyee 于 2013-1-22 17:10 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-22 21:27 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 伊比利亚魂 于 2013-1-22 16:40 发表
如果花钱买了正版SC5,而后续的DLC不是免费的……那么…………

DLC肯定不会是免费的,看模拟人生就知道了。只不过模拟人生的官方物品包还可以破解,SC5的数据在服务器端。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-23 09:58 | 显示全部楼层
咦,CXL插件支持2012了啊,哪天试下
果然有竞争是好事啊
不过第一条新闻看了下日期是去年三月啊,计划赶不上变化

[ 本帖最后由 mrxia 于 2013-1-23 10:01 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 入住

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|模拟城市中文网

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 23:21 , Processed in 0.022052 second(s), 16 queries .